Self-care is more than just a practice, it is a lifestyle; which is why I think it’s so important to incorporate your self-care practices into ordinary routines such as taking a bath. I usually take a shower because it’s faster and saves more water but every Sunday I love to indulge in a luxurious long bath. I refer to my Sunday bath ritual as a Beauty Bath because that’s exactly how I feel after pampering and spoiling myself; I feel beautiful, clean, soft, warm, cared for and loved and here’s why….
– A beauty bath ritual is a great way to spend time on and with your self
– A beauty bath ritual can be a deeply soothing and relaxing practice
– A beauty bath ritual feels like a cleans
– A beauty bath ritual relieves stress and
– A beauty bath ritual offers a state of peace, calm and tranquillity.
What I do:
I infuse fresh flowers and essential oil (lavender) in my bath water which produces the most euphoric scent and the lavender has an extremely calming effect on me. I also light about four to six tea candles, surround myself with crystals (each of which have their unique benefits, for example amethyst has been said to calm the mind). A good body and face scrub before fully immersing myself in the bath also goes a long way in terms of removing dry skin and achieving healthy skin that glows. Playing relaxing music during the bath also helps to create a relaxed mood and a good vibe.
What’s on my bath time playlist? (The playlist is long but here are my favorites)
- Warm Winds by SZA
- I Belong to You by Sabrina Claudio
- Video Games by Lana Del Rey
- Bed Peace by Jhene Aiko
- Coming Down by The Weeknd